Anatomy & Physiology of Childbirth
Saturday, December 8th, 4:00pm-6:30pm
Pregnancy often raises many concerns and questions about the imminent arrival of the new addition to your family. The purpose of this workshop is to better inform you and your partner of the natural wonder of childbirth. You will also learn more about what you body is capable of doing and how to navigate through the hospital system. Attending this workshop will empower both your and your partner to be more actively involved in your birth. Topics covered include:
- Anatomy & physiology of birth including the cocktail of hormones and the wonder of the pelvis.
- Benefits and risks of medical interventions & drug during labor and their effects on your body & your baby.
- Breathing and relaxation techniques to increase your ability to maximize your own pain relieving hormones and keep labor progressing.
- Films of natural births.
Labor Support Session
Sunday, December 9th, 2:00pm-4:00pm
The presence and encouragement of a woman’s partner is a powerful aid to labor and childbirth. This session will give both parents specific tools and techniques to facilitate a supportive and positive birth experience while cultivating a greater understanding and confidence for active labor. Moms & Birth Companions will learn and practice together:
- Practical tips on stress reduction in the hospital environment.
- Birthing positions to facilitate labor and natural childbirth.
- Birth companion’s role and ideas for maximizing their support.
- Saturday, December 8th & Sunday, December 9th
- $145 per couple
- $120 Early Bird Special
when booked before November 26th
- Sign up now!
Go back to the top of the page.